Mar 6, 2024|

JD’s Marketplace Introduces New Customer-Centric Shipping Policies, Including Free Shipping Across 13 Product Categories


On March 4th, announced its latest initiative to enhance its free shipping services. JD’s marketplace currently offers free shipping on 90% of its third-party products. Now, the platform has extended its free shipping benefit even further, introducing a new policy for the remaining 10% of products: a minimum order value for free shipping is set at an affordable RMB 59 yuan (approximately $8.2 US dollars). This initiative is aimed at enhancing the shopping experience for consumers on JD’s rapidly expanding marketplace.

To accommodate this change, merchants currently not offering free shipping or only offering it for orders over 59 yuan are required to update their shipping policies by the end of March. This adjustment can apply to individual items or the aggregate value of multiple products from the same store, with certain exclusions for special items and deliveries to remote areas.

Highlighting JD’s dedication to consumer convenience, thirteen product categories – including home appliances, kitchenware, and health care products – will benefit from the zero-shipping fee policy, regardless of the order value.

This move follows an announcement last August when JD introduced unlimited free shipping for its self-operated products to JD PLUS members and significantly reduced the minimum order value for free shipping for non-PLUS members from 99 yuan to 59 yuan.

In addition to shipping enhancements, JD also recently upgraded the “Free At-Home Return and Exchange” service on its first-party platform. This service enables customers to easily return and exchange items marked with the service tag, irrespective of size, weight, or quantity. JD is actively encouraging third-party merchants to adopt this service, with plans to integrate over 90% of them within the next year, further simplifying the return process for JD shoppers.’s continuous investment in services and close collaboration with merchants are driven by a vision to offer cost-effective options without compromising on quality. By focusing on creating a more orderly, efficient, and thriving platform ecosystem, is setting new standards in e-commerce, enhancing merchant services, and fostering growth and competitiveness.